Home Economy Zimbabwe gears up to fight coronavirus, US$5.2m allocation approved by government

Zimbabwe gears up to fight coronavirus, US$5.2m allocation approved by government

135
0

3,375 people, according to official reports, have been placed under hospital quarantine with government approval, Health minister Obadiah Moyo revealed Thursday, February 20.

All the patients have arrived in Zimbabwe’s through airports or crossed the border by roads since the coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan, the capital of Hubei province, China, was declared an international threat in December last year.

Zimbabwe will avail US$5,2 million to prepare against the virus, Obadiah Moyo averred.

In a ministerial statement issued in the National Assembly yesterday, Moyo said at the moment, Zimbabwe was safe, but warned people against travelling to China.

“Around 3 375 people, who passed through ports of entry, were placed on self-quarantine and of these, 2 000 were students from China and are on self-quarantine for 21 days,” he said.

“A budget of US$5,2 million has been submitted to the Ministry of Finance, but this will be availed to us in tranches.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here