The Dros rape trial against Nicolas Ninow continued on Thursday at the Pretoria High Court.
The State urged the High Court to convict Ninow based on the evidence given by the seven-year-old victim in the case.
Ninow is facing five charges including two counts of rape, assault and defeating the ends of justice.
He confessed to raping the little girl at the Dros restaurant in Pretoria last year and pleaded guilty to rape, however, Ninow pleaded not guilty to assault.
A State witness gave testimony on how Ninow was moving from one table to the next at the restaurant and at one stage requested a table near the kiddies’ corner.
State prosecutor Grace Ngobeni said that from the evidence presented to the court, it was clear that Ninow was looking for a victim on that day.
“There was no reason for him to move from that table and go and sit at the table next to the kiddie’s corner. It is my submission that the court should find that the accused had an intention of having sexual intercourse [with a child],” she said.
Ngobeni said Ninow’s version in his plea should not be accepted as he could not explain why he was found naked in the women’s bathroom.
Ninow will know his fate on Monday when the judgment is delivered.