Beston Chambeshi, the coach of the Zambian Under-23 National Team, has determined who would represent the country in the upcoming Olympic qualifiers.
25 athletes — a mix of 2017 Under-20 Africa Cup winning stars with several new faces — will travel to Egypt in order to take part in the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations matches. If they manage to reach top-3, the squad will join the best among the best in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Prior to that, the men will meet Congo Brazzaville in a home game.
The current squad players are as follows:
- Charles Muntanga (Nkwazi);
- Jackson Kakunta (Power Dynamos);
- Lameck Siame (Kabwe Warriors);
- Mangani Banda (Zanaco).
- Moses Nyondo (Nkana FC);
- Kebson Kamanga (Nkwazi);
- Wayne Museba;
- Field Kandela (Kabwe Warriors);
- Ponsilio Kapampa (KYSA);
- Boston Muchindu (Kansanshi Dynamos);
- Prosper Chiluya (Kabwe Warriors);
- Benson Chali (Forest Rangers).
- Crispin Sakulanda (Red Arrows);
- Oliver Lumbiya (Young Nkana);
- Benson Kolala (Forest Rangers);
- Clinton Lubula (Kansanshi Dynamos);
- Linos Makwaza (Power Dynamos);
- Harrison Chisala (Nkana FC);
- Leonard Mulenga (Green Buffaloes);
- Musonda Siame (Lumwana Radiants);
- Prince Mumba (Kabwe Warriors).
- Kingsley Mukuka (Power Dynamos);
- Twiza Chaibela (Kabwe Warriors);
- Benard Kumwenda (KYSA);
- Conlyde Luchanga (Forest Rangers).