Home Economy Nsfas to contribute R32 bn next year, students to be notified in...

Nsfas to contribute R32 bn next year, students to be notified in January

153
0

South Africa boasts 26 universities and 50 technical, vocational education and training colleges (TVETs).

With regard to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (Nsfas) that is to disburse student allowances, more than 400 000 applications have been received between the opening of applications period in September and the closing of applications in December 3.

Nsfas revealed last week that out of the 400 000 applicants, over 57 346 were missing supporting documents and were given until December 14 to make submissions.

Most of the applicants were females – making up about 63% leaving males at 37%.

“During this process, Nsfas will work closely with institutions to ensure that integration of data is quick and seamless; to allow the timeous release of funds to students and avoid any repetition of the delays of 2018; where some qualifying students were left frustrated, homeless, hungry and, without confirmation of their funding,” DHET Minister Naledi Pandor said.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here